Subject: Icom IC-208H Expanded RX-TX
1. Place the
radio with the front panel toward you and bottom side / speaker side UP.
2. Remove the (4) screws located in each corner.
3. CAREFUL! Go slow, you will need to disconnect the speaker cable while removing the cover
Look at the lower right hand corner of the main printed circuit board.
4. You should see a silver crystal with the number "D196D3C" printed on it.
5. Just above the crystal, you should see an (8x8) matrix pad (see below pic).
6. REMOVE BOTH RESISTORS
[Do NOT attempt this unless you know how to use a low wattage
7. RESET THE RADIO, hold the [SET LOCK] and [S.MW-MW] buttonsdown during power-up.
DONE! New RX/TX Ranges:
|118.0000 - 135.9875||RX-AM only|
|136.0000 - 173.9875||RX & TX (15% RF power fall-off at lower freq, Full power at high freq)|
|230.0000 - 399.9875||RX only|
|400.0000 - 478.9875||RX & TX (Do NOT transmit below 410MHz on HI-PWR, VSWR fold-back)|
|479.0000 - 549.9875||RX only|
|810.0000 - 849.0000||RX only|
|849.0000 - 869.0000||RX only|
|894.0000 - 999.9875||RX only|
(Source: KB2LJJ, no responsability or liability for any damage resulting from this modification.)
Mods are at your own risk - Modifikationen auf eigenes Risiko